CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thriving 365~John 1:30-34

Thriving in Truth~

Take some time this morning to ask God to open His Word alive and afresh to you!

Read John 1:30-34. Take out your journal and write your thoughts on this passage. Let the Spirit speak to you and listen closely to what God has to say specifically to you.

What part of this passage makes you stop and think?


What do you feel God revealing to you through this passage?


In what ways could you relate to John in these verses?


Thriving Together~

I love that John confesses that he didn't know it was Jesus. He says that "I myself did not know him, but for this purpose I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel." John didn't have this whole ministry thing figured out. He was walking in obedience...and he was waiting for it to be revealed. He kept doing what God had told him to do in faith that one day he would see the ONE...the Son of God.

Oh, how I can relate to that in my marriage, parenting, and ministry. There are many days that I walk in the light revealed for that day and would LOVE to see the end of the road. I'd love to know that my kids were going to be passionate and dangerous women for the Kingdom of God like I pray every morning. I'd love to know how this whole ministry thing will walk out for the rest of my life. I'd love to have it all revealed at the very moment He calls me to do something!

But, where would faith be in that? And we know that faith alone pleases God. I know that it pleased God for John to preach and baptize every single day...all the while believing in faith that one day the ONE he preached about would come and be revealed. There may have been days of doubt. There may have been moments of wonder and impatience. But, John walked in what God revealed to him day after day. Waiting.

Oh, girls I know about some waiting! I'd love to have this whole adoption journey wrapped up in a pretty red bow all neat and tidy. But, how will I walk in the waiting? Perhaps you are struggling in your marriage...how will you walk in the waiting day after day? Maybe you have a child that is rebellious and walking away from you and the Lord...how will you walk in the waiting day after day? Perhaps God has birthed a passion in your heart for a ministry that is struggling right now...how will you walk in the waiting day after day?

The truth is that we LOVE neat and tidy and happy endings. We pretty much like them right away too! But, our walk with God through this life will require faith day after day...THRIVING in the waiting! Oh, it is SO possible with God...impossible with man...but POSSIBLE with God!

Like John, let's thriving in the waiting...loving, parenting, hoping, walking, obeying, and overcoming in the waiting. One day whether on this earth or in heaven it will all be revealed in Christ Jesus!! Walk in faith my sister today!

Thriving Outside~

How will John's example challenge and change you today?

What truth has God revealed that you can take into your marriage? Parenting? Ministry? Job? Community?


Are there areas of your life that God is calling you to a stronger faith? Ask Him to increase your faith!!!


Thriving in the waiting my friends...for those times you will see and bear witness to the Son of God through faith. Love to you...


Thriving 365~
Frances

0 comments: