CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

John 8:47-51

*I know there is a skip in vereses...I posted the prayer series in between:) Thanks for bearing with my crazy blogging schedule!!*

Take a few moments to open up your Bible and read over these verses with me.

What stands out to you?

What are you hearing from God right now?

I'll tell you what I heard today! It is found in verse 51..."I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my Word, he will never see death."

Those trying to trick Jesus go on to think that he is talking about the physical death...but we know that He is speaking of a spiritual death. The kind of death that separates from God for eternity. If we truly keep His Word...then we will come to saving faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior by faith and spend eternity with Him in heaven! We will never truly see death!

But, what I applied to my own life today is that many times throughout my busy and easily distracted life I don't KEEP His Word. I will look to my own flesh, ideas, opinions, anger, frustration, irritations, rights, and ways. Those things are deadly. They lead further to self and flesh and far away from God. When I rush throughout my day and don't seek to keep His Word in my heart and allow it to change,mold, and direct my entire day...then I am choosing things of the flesh!

Today...I know that I will never see eternal death because of my glorious salvation found only in Christ's death, burial, and Resurrection! But, like Paul, I must fight against the things of my flesh and my enemy who waits like a lion ready to devour me by keeping His Word!!! I want to pour my life into those things that are LIFE!

God's Word is LIVING and active...it is LIFE!

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the LIFE...He is LIFE!

Today, I pray that you and I will be found choosing LIFE and not death. I pray that we will keep His Word not only once unto salvation, but that we would keep His Word daily so that we will never see deadly actions, attitudes, and thoughts in our daily lives.

"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose LIFE, so that your and your children may LIVE!" Deuteronomy 30:19

May you and I choose to invest richly in LIFE today!

0 comments: