CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Friday, June 13, 2008

Desert Devotion: June 13, 2008

We are back from our Families on Mission trip with the North American Mission Board! I look forward to updating you on all that happened this week. God was amazing and the week was awesome for every member of our family.

There were so many things that I learned and I hope to share some of those with you next week as I process everything over the weekend. But, for today...God's Word speaks!

"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:29-30

God's Word is so timely in my life! I never have to fear about Him speaking to me, because daily His Word pierces right to the core of what I am dealing with in my life. Right now, I have jokingly said to friends and family, that it feels like I am running beside an avalanche! Daily God brings forth opportunities into my life...and right now they all are awesome. But, with those opportunities comes responsibility and dedication.

I have been struggling with a decision about a trip I have been invited to take in the fall. I have agonized and prayed and prayed some more. When I came to this passage in scripture...I was encouraged and challenged. Here Jesus is speaking with His disciples about how difficult it is for the rich to follow Him. They look at their own lives and are wondering how anyone can be saved! Jesus confirms that without God it IS impossible...but WITH God nothing will be impossible!

But, they remind Jesus that they have left everything to follow Him and ask what will happen to them? Jesus kindly tells them that those who leave homes, fathers, mothers, children, and lands in His Name will be rewarded a hundredfold in "the renewal of all things."

As I am praying about following God's word to Central Europe, I am comforted by Jesus in His words to the disciples. I am encouraged that if truly God is leading me there, that He will reward that step of faith a hundredfold!

Think about decisions in your own life today. What are you struggling with today? What are you praying for today? Know that Jesus knows your heart and your every need. With Him all things are possible! If He calls you to leave anything on this earth and you obey in His Name...He will reward you a hundredfold in the renewal of all things! And He will provide the peace, strength, and way to obey Him!

Lord,
Thank you for this Word today! Thank you for reminding me in such a timely way that you are the one who takes care of my family and my life...not me. Lord, help me to obey and to only do anything through Your power. Help me daily to remember that without this life is impossible, but with YOU all things are possible! I love you!

0 comments: