CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Desert Devotion: June 19,2008

"Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, 'Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, tell him that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away." ' Matthew 21:1-3

This was such a wonderful reminder that God provides what He plans for His glory! I am so grateful that it's not because of my own talents, abilities, merits or intelligence. I am just the donkey that Christ has allowed to carry His glory to those in this world who are lost and dying. And the coolest part to me is that he knew right where that donkey was located and it was there waiting for a task that he didn't know existed!

Many days we feel overwhelmed with the things God has called us and allowed us to do to share His glory. We can get overwhelmed by parenting, marriage, jobs, family, ministering in our churches or to the world, and just about anything! But, this passage so gently and kindly reminds me today that though I am just a lowly donkey...Christ had a purpose for that donkey and it was right where there when He needed it.

I pray today that God continues to use donkeys like me! I am grateful that though I have no idea what He is up to in my family, children, ministry, church or in my own life...I know that He is the King of Glory! I know that He has me where He wants me to be to bring Him the most glory. He has the plan...I just walk the road. That's my job! Not to get the shouts of praise, not to gain anything myself, but to carry the glory of Christ to the nations. What a great day to be a donkey! If I think anything more...I just really overwhelmed!

0 comments: