CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Desert Devotion: June 22, 2008

“Out of the mouths of infants and nursing babies, you have prepared praise.” Matthew 21:16

I am trying to write my desert devotions in the evenings (when I can) so that those of you who check this early in the morning will have something fresh to think on during the day from God’s Word.

I need you to know that as I am sitting here writing this entry, I am listening to my kids’ room (yes, I know they are 7 and 9 years old and I still have a monitor!) as they are settling down for bed. The sounds of familiar hymns that are being played by a classical piano are coming from their room. Their voices laughing and whispering are so precious to my ears. They love life, each other, their mom and dad…and they love God.

Just a few minutes ago, we sat together on Virginia’s bed reading about the powerful ways God showed Himself to the Egyptians and the Israelites. We read about the plagues of the hail and locusts…and then Anli looked at us with her little eyes shining and reminded us about John the Baptist EATING locusts! We all smiled as Anli (our own Food Network Star) showed us how she thought he would “drizzle” them with honey!

I tell you this, because God reminded me that through these quiet moments that their simple faith and love of Him are powerful. The praise that comes from their mouths during prayer time changes my life every night…because they praise Him for simple things. They praise Him for getting go to church, for our family, for spending time together today, and the list goes on and on. They are thankful for today…what a lesson for me.

May my praise look more like that which comes from the mouths of children. May it be simple, full of faith, grounded in the moment, and full of gratefulness to my Father. The children Jesus is talking about here are simply saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” They were praise Jesus for who He is! May I follow today…

0 comments: