CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Desert Devotion: June 18, 2008

As Jesus and his disciples were leaving Jericho, a large crowd followed him. Two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was going by, they shouted, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!"

The crowd rebuked them and told them to be quiet, but they shouted all the louder, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on us!" Matthew 20:29-31

What desperation and faith! They were a little undignified if you ask me! I was challenged today by these two men. How often in my daily life am I that desperate for Jesus to show up? How many times am I willing to do whatever it takes to be healed and forgiven by God? Am I usually more concerned with what the "crowd" might think or say about me...or am I more concerned about following Jesus?

Today those convictions were in my heart today. After Jesus healed those men, they followed him. I pray today that I be desperate for Jesus. I pray that I will be willing to give up everything to follow him. I pray that no matter what others think...I will be shouting all the louder for the Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

We are in desperate need of Jesus' healing today...whether we admit it or not. Some of us need forgiveness and healing from our sins. We need to ask Jesus Christ to be the Savior and Lord of our lives. Others of us need Jesus' healing from past wounds and hurts. We need to forgive and be forgiven. Some of us need healing in our marriages, jobs, minds, bodies, thoughts, and relationships.

So, today may we put aside our false control and our reputation and become desperate for Jesus' touch. May we break free of the bondage of the "crowd" and what they say to us or think of us...and shout all the louder for the merciful touch today of Jesus Christ! What freedom there is in Christ today...let's shout about it!

0 comments: