CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, June 16, 2008

Desert Devotion: June 16, 2008

"The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 'These men who were hired last worked only one hour,' they said, 'and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.'

"But he answered one of them, 'Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?'

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last." Matthew 20:9-16

Today I am so grateful that God's grace is the same no matter what I have done, how hard I have worked, how distracted I become, or how much I sin! Jesus Christ's blood forgave us all! That is the thought that I am leaving this passage with today.

I am so grateful that the same forgiveness that was given to amazing saints before me like Paul, Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Noah, and David. I am amazed that Christ would reserve grace for someone like me. I am in awe of God's generosity to any of us. I can't believe that He would lavish His love, grace, and forgiveness on a sinner such as I.

This past month, God has been doing some huge things in our ministry. He is opening more doors than I can answer at this time. Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed. I feel like I'm running next to an avalanche...and can't keep up!

But, I love passages like this that remind me that God is the one who gives the "wages". It is ALL a gift from Him alone. It has nothing to do with my work or performance...it is the sheer generosity of the Father. What a freedom! Thank you for that Word today, may I live in that today!

There is a song recently that keeps my perspective during this time. Take a moment to listen to the words...they are awesome! Let's bask in the grace given to each of us from a generous Father...what an abundant life.

0 comments: