CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Desert Devotion: June 4, 2008


"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:19-20


*I'm sorry this post is late...with VBS at night I have not been able to post in the evenings like I would prefer so that it is ready in the morning.*

Today I was struck again by Jesus' emphasis on unity in the body of Christ. This passage right here relates the power in unity. Now, this verse does not relate that unity equals asking and getting anything we want. Many people would preach that to you today, but personally I don't see this as being Biblical as we take the entire counsel of the Word into account.

What I want to focus on today is the latter sentence. What an awesome privilege we have as believers! When we come together in Jesus' Name...He is among us. That is so very powerful. But, also quite convicting too.

I know there are many time when I am in a group of two or three Christians...and we are not focused on the bond of Christ. We may focus on ourselves, our frustrations, our irritation with another friend...and the list could go on and on. Today, I am asking that God would remind me that when I am with my sisters and brothers in Christ...He is there among us! I want those time to be filled with praise, prayer, encouragement, exhortation, and JOY.

I know that I am guilty of taking those relationships God has given me for granted at times. He has placed me in those relationships to glorify and honor His Name...because when we are together...He is there with us!

Lord,

Today as I talk and visit with my brothers and sisters in Christ, I ask that remind me to focus on You. Lord, may the meditations of my heart and the words of my mouth be pleasing to You. Help me to seek unity in my relationship to bring the most glory to Your Name. Father, in word or in deed, may I do all things to glorify You. Thank You for the gift of Jesus Christ that gives us connection to You every moment of our days. Father, please help me to experience the power of unity in my relationships! I love you Jesus!

What about you today? What did God say to you in your time with Him? Please take a moment to share a verse, prayer, or thought! We want to journey along with you today...

0 comments: