CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, February 1, 2010

Mark 10:46-52

Take a few moments to look over Mark 10:46-52. Yesterday in our Life
group we talked about how we must be the kind of friends that
encourage others to "take heart! Get up...Jesus is calling you!!"

Many times we are simply either the friends who are wishing and hoping
others would just keep their problems to themselves and leave us
alone. After all...we have enough worries in our own lives. Or we find
ourselves just being the kind of friend that just wants to wallow in
the muck and the mire along with others. We are sympathetic...but
that's it. When we leave those hurting are just left with all their
hopeless feelings.

But, I want to be the kind of friend who says, "Take heart!! Get up;
Jesus is calling you!!!" I want to be able to connect with the heart
of hurt, but help others up and to throw off their cloak of hurt,
anger, frustration, bitterness, or sin that so easily wants to
entangle us. I want to encourage them to get to Jesus!! Because the
last thing they need is another Dr. Phil moment:)

Another personal thought I had in prayer today as I continued to
meditate on these verses is that I want to daily be casting off my own
cloak of the things that entangle me...and "spring up and come to
Jesus!" I pray that I myself will be quick to cast ALL my cares upon
Him because I know He cares for me.

Lord, I thank You for Your Word today! May it continue to discipline
and encourage me all through my day. Thank you for "calling" me as you
did to blind Bartimaeus! May I have a spring in my spirit today...and
come to you with everything.


Thrive!
Frances
www.desertflowerministries.com

0 comments: