CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. John 5:26

I just LOVE this verse!!! Life itself comes from the Father...both physically and spiritually. I began thinking about how flippantly I view life. I breathe in. I breathe out. I go about my day as if it's not a MIRACLE!! Ask any nurse or doctor who believes in the Lord and they will totally agree that for us to just go about daily life is amazing!!!

Yet, I don't live as if it is a miracle most days. For the past several days our family has been watching the Olympics together. I do NOT have a competitive bone in my whole body. I hate to win because I hate for someone to loose. So, the Olympics fascinate and yet confuse me. I can't FATHOM the pressure or the drive to do what these amazing athletes do. These people push their lives to the total brink of what is physically and mentally possible...and they will say it over and over again in almost every interview...it makes me feel alive.

It makes me a nervous WRECK!!! I am on the couch holding my breath as men throw tiny women way up into the air and they land on something as wide as my FINGER! I am a ball of nerves seeing men fly downhill on two planks of wood on the edge of control and a trip to the ER. But, they tell us that they feel alive.

I thought about that today as I read these verses. How often do I feel that alive either physically or...spiritually?

Our LIFE is from the Father...the fact that a sinful human can be in a relationship with Him is a MIRACLE!!! Yet, many times we just take it so casual. We never experience the LIFE to the FULL that Jesus promised us. We are walking on the sidewalk when we are able to mount up on wings of eagles...to walk and never be faint...to never thirst or hunger again. Now there aren't any gold medal Olympians who can boast that!!!

How are you going about life today? Are you running all out and hard after God and what He wants to do in your life? Are you like Peter walking on the water by faith? Are you thriving instead of just surviving? Our walk with God is meant to be filled to overflowing with LIFE!!! Our passion and desire and commitment should but Olympians to shame!!!

May we all embrace the wild ride of faith today!

0 comments: