CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, February 8, 2010

John 1:18-23

Take a moment to read over these verses...in your own Bible:) It's just powerful to open the Word and get into for yourself each day. That way before you ever read what I have written...you give the Lord a chance to speak directly to you personally. That the BEST!!

Well, today is my birthday! A day that there is lots of on the past year...and the year to come. It's a time of reflection for me and the kind of woman I am and want to be. So, these verses are very important question for me...where do I find my identity?

How powerful that John knew and confessed who he was and who he was NOT! The thing that is so impacting to me is that he knew and confessed who he was from scripture. John found his identity in God's WORD...not what his followers said about him, not what the pharisees said about him, or even what He thought about himself. He was grounded strongly in who GOD said that he was!! I need to hear that today...and every single day of my life!!! Our identity is found in God's Word and in the cross.

May I not see myself through my own eyes or the eyes of others (good or bad), but may I seek the Word to define who Jesus is and in that light to understand who I am. I pray that the Word will show my my own sin, faults, and to love Jesus and my Jesus more. I pray that the Word of truth will fill me to overflowing and may my cup overflow!

Today, pray over where you are finding your identity. Is it from your husband? Your parents? Your children? Your job? Your ministry? Your church? Your house? Your title? Or...is it from the very Words of God? Oh, how I pray that you and I will find our identity in Christ and the cross alone.

Thrive 365...
Frances

0 comments: