CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Thursday, February 18, 2010

John 5:30

Read over this verse and meditate on what God wants to say to you personally through it.

What a beautiful verse! Jesus shares that even HE does nothing on His own...but that He listens and hears from God and then does His will. He doesn't seek His own will...even being in nature God Himself. But somehow WE get the idea that we can operate just fine on our own will. We go about our days relying on self and our own wisdom and judgements. I know many times throughout my day as a mom, I go about giving out judgements based on my own thoughts, opinions, emotions, mood, and my own will.

Today, I want to again (it's a moment by moment surrender!!!) deny my own agenda for today and listen only to my Father. When I listen and HEAR His Words...then the things I do and words I say will not be because of what want and think...they will be led by God!

We were watching the men's skating and there was A young teen who was skating. They interviewed him about his coach who had passed away. The young skater said that his coach was involved in everything he did...and even corrected his table manners when they went out to eat. He had a coach who was concerned about him as a whole and he learned more than just skating from him.

That is the way with our relationship with God. Many times we just want instruction in our "spiritual" lives and when God's Word challenges us to give up our rights in our friendships and marriages, tells us to have complete Truth in our workplace, to lead our children, share our stuff with those who don't have any stuff...we just don't want to do it. We don't want to submit and surrender our own lives...all to Him. We want to still keep our will. We want Him to leave our table manners out of it and just worry about the skating.

Jesus challenges us to follow His example of listening only to God for ALL things...and then following. Surrendering our will...all of it...and realize we can do NOTHING on our own! What freedom and release!!

0 comments: