CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Luke 24:51-53

"51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God." Luke 24: 51-53

After those who were with Him as He ascended worshiped Him, they went back to their city of Jerusalem with great joy!!! I love this ending, because it reminds us that the great joy we find in Jesus is for every day! It wasn't just for when they had him there in flesh and blood, but continued after He left them and ascended into heaven. It continues every minute of each day!

They took this joy back to their daily lives and to their churches! Oh how I pray that we would richly desire to not only seek God's Word each morning, but would take the great joy we find in Him into our day! The way we are going to have lives, marriages, families, jobs, and a world filled with great joy is to first be found with Jesus each day. Allow Him to bring you into real passionate worship of who He truly is. There is GREAT joy in Jesus and the gospel!!! Then we take that joy into our own daily lives. It is transforming!!

Today I am asking God to help me take the great joy I have on meeting with him this morning into my marriage, my parenting, my schedule, my shopping, my time at church, my time with friends, into every area of my life! Won't you seek that with me today? This world is dying without knowing the great joy in worshiping Jesus Christ the Lord!!

There is good news of GREAT joy which has come...it is Christ the Lord!!

0 comments: