CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Saturday, December 26, 2009

John 1:1-17

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

What a powerful way to begin my time in John!!! I love the stories of Jesus' birth on earth, but I love even more being reminded that He always WAS and is and is to come!!! I just sat and relished that amazing fact today we I sit alone and begin a new book study. I am finite and limited. We celebrate Jesus' earthly birth each year...but more joyous to me is that before that birth...He was and is GOD! He was not merely man...He is GOD!!! That makes that earthly birth so mind boggling...God in flesh...I can't comprehend it.

But wait. There is something that really got me truly rejoicing today!!! He tells us here in these verses that those who believe...He gives the right to be called the CHILDREN of God!!!!!! Now I just sat and pondered that. It says that we didn't get this right by our birth, our own human decision, or of our human relationships...but we are BORN of GOD.

Y'all that is going to take some soaking in. I've read it in several translations and it is just amazing and breath-taking in all of them. Y'all I am BORN of GOD! That is something we say and toss around like it is NORMAL...girls that is anything but normal!!! Just as GOS is all creation who was and is and is to come put on flesh is NOT normal...being born of God is crazy amazing!!

And it wasn't my birth that brought me into His family, it wasn't my own decision that brought me into this family. It was God alone who brought me into His family...born of God! WOW!

This also rings in heart for adoption. If there is to be a child brought into our family...it will not be birth (I had a hysterectomy at 30), or by our own human decision, or by some legal paperwork. It will a child born of God into this family. It will be by HIS work and not our own...should we try to boast. Oh His Word is so good! The satisfaction of our souls, my friends!

0 comments: