CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Desert Devotion: Matthew 26:74

"Then he began to call down curses on himself and he swore to them, "I don't know the man!"
Matthew 26:74
Father, my heart grieves for those all around this world who "don't know the man." Lord, I know that there are days after days that my life calls curses down on myself and swears to those all around that "I don't know the man."


Lord, please forgive the times that I fail to share the Good News of your gospel with those around me. Forgive the times when the foolish ways I spend my time tells those around me that I truly love myself and this world more than the things that are eternal. Please forgive the people I neglect due to busy appointments, phone calls, emails, blogs, and mindless time stealers. Lord, I am nothing without you!


Lord, as I hear the desperation in Peter's voice and see the anger welling up inside of him, I remember that you had amazing things planned for this man. This was a great sifting...of things that had to go. Lord, I know that kind of sifting. I have felt that full shaking of my world and the detestable things that it brought to the surface.


Thank you Lord for still loving me. Thank you for always forgiving me. Thank you for scandalously using me day after day in your work. Thank you for sifting those things that are literally ruining my life out of me every day and replacing them with your life-giving Word. Oh, how I cling to it moment after moment. As I breathe in and out it cleanses me. Without you I am nothing at all.


Father, may I learn afresh from this passage and have eyes for those who still today truly "don't know the man" who gives us life and breath and our being. I love you Jesus...may my life reflect that today.


In Christ's name...who is Author and Perfecter of our faith...amen.,

0 comments: