CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, August 4, 2008

Desert Devotion: Matthew 26:56

"But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled." Then all the disciples deserted him and fled." Matthew 26:56


Father, today help me to not desert and flee because of the things You reveal about Yourself in Your Word. Lord, please may I read Your words and love them dearly...not because they are easy and appease my flesh, but because they are freedom and life. Jesus, please help me to remain in You daily by loving and savoring Your Word.


Your words rebuke me, discipline me, challenge me, and train me. None of which are easy to bear each day, but each are necessary to run the race You have marked out for me. Lord, bring me to the end of myself through Your words. Challenge those thoughts of You that make You small, manageable, trite, and powerless. May I look deeply into Your words and see the heart of my Savior. May I delight in them day and night, day and night, day and night.


Jesus, I am sorry when You speak Truth into my self-ridden life and I run as far away as my bonded feet can carry me. Forgive me when I shrug it off, make it common, and simply live as if I had never encountered it. Help my faith to increase so that I can stand and obey even in the face of difficult trials and tribulations. May Your Word be my foundation when the storms come and rock my world.


Lord, thank You for living Your life as the Word. Thank You for showing me that through You all things are possible. Thank You for giving Your life so "that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled." May my life also resound that...

0 comments: