CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Luke 1:52-53

He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty.

OK, I just LOVE this set of verses! It is so true that God has filled the hungry with GOOD things!!! In my life, I spent most of my time searching for things to satisfy the hunger in my soul. Jesus was my Savior, but I had not truly found that God could FILL my hunger with GOOD things. I went about my day filling myself on the acceptance of others, the love of my husband, my ministries, my children, family, stuff, books, knowledge, and the list could go on and on.

I was quite rich in my own eyes! I had gorged myself on the things of this world and even the things of the church, but found myself extremely HUNGRY every single day of my life. Then, one day almost 7 years ago I began to feast on God’s Word EVERY day! These verses finally came true in my life. I put away the “riches” of this world and began to be filled with God’s RICHEST foods.

David understood this and has been my example for years as he said:

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

He understood the richest of foods was the very presence of God in his life! He sought Him with everything he had…body and soul…and found the richest of foods for his SOUL.

Mary echoes what David says in her song. She knows that when we seek the riches of this world (and I’m not just talking money and stuff) we will not be able to truly know how God can fill your soul. My soul is filled every single day that I meet with God over His Word and seek Him in prayer. I can stand beside Mary and David and confirm once again that His Word is the satisfaction of our souls!

I pray today that your souls are satisfied in Christ. Spend time in God’s Word today and taste of the richest of foods for your soul.

0 comments: