CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Luke 1:34-38

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"


The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God."

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.


The angel didn't give her all the answers I'm sure her mind and heart were asking. Questions like...

What do you mean I'm having the Son of God?

What about Joseph?

Doesn't God know that people will say I've committed adultery?

Does He care that I could be stoned to death?

How will I tell my parents?

What will everyone think of this baby?

What in the world is happening to me?

Those are only a FEW of the questions I would be asking in my heart and mind right at that moment...or I might just be in shock! Can you imagine hearing that you were going to have the Holy Spirit come upon you and power of the Most High OVERSHADOW you? I can't even begin to imagine what Mary's thoughts were at this moment.

But, when she asked the only question about her being a virgin...the angel reminds her that with God NOTHING is impossible! Isn't that the best news?

Today, we are all up against things in our lives that from the outside might seem impossible. There may not seem like any way out. You have more questions than answers and you wonder what in the world is going on. Take comfort today in this conversation between Mary and Gabriel. Know that God reminds each of us through this story...and the story of Elizabeth's pregnancy with John the Baptist...that NOTHING is impossible with God.

I'm so grateful for that Truth today! Even when it seems like we face the impossible...we serve the MOST HIGH GOD! Praise Him for that today...and cast your cares upon Him because He cares for you.

0 comments: