CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hello From Poland!

Hello friends.....I am trying to post updates from Frances, but I am having a hard time getting them from the e-mails to her blog. Sorry for the crazy spacing! Please keep Frances and her team in your prayers!

Mary




> Hi everyone! I am writing to you today from Krakow, Poland. We got up at
> 3:30am this morning to catch a flight to Krakow, Poland and we arrived
> just in time to head over to a Polish church service! Needless to say, we
> all were extremely tired, but had a wonderful time worshiping with them.
>
> We had a great lunch and have now settled into an apartment that is using
> as an office also. We have the windows opened (they don't use air
> conditioning over here anywhere) and everyone it sleeping with the breeze
> blowing. I just took a short nap, and couldn't wait to send you an update!
>
> We have had a great time so far! I am only sad that I won't get a chance
> to meet back up with the entire team in Prague for debriefing...because I
> will be leaving early to meet my sweet family in Disney! I am VERY excited
> about that!!!
>
> I will catch you up...
>
> Thursday:
> I set out on my 10 hour flight to Frankfurt and had a great flight! It was
> so cool that God sat me next to an Indian man from Hyderabad...the only
> Indian city I have ever been to! And the neatest thing was that he totally
> witnessed to me! He was bubbling over and turned to me to see if I knew
> where I would go if the plane didn't make it to our destination (I was a
> little worried he knew something I didn't!).
>
> I got to Frankfurt perfectly and had a 5 hour layover until I met the rest
> of the Women of Hope team. We enjoyed a few short moments to chat...and
> then headed onto our final leg of the flight to Prague (Czech republic).
>
> Friday:
> We got to Prague (gorgeous from the air and on the ground!). It has the
> precious red roofs and lots of farms...but them all of the sudden Prague
> shows up! It a great city filled with old and new.
>
> We got through customs with everyone's luggage and then headed to the
> hotel. We went to dinner together at a nearby mall and got to know our
> field personnel! They are amazing and we love them!
>
> Saturday:
> We headed over to the city center and met for our Central & Eastern Europe
> overview. We learned about the strategy to share Christ with this very
> atheistic (though they claim to be Roman Catholic sometimes) city. We
> heard from all the regions personally from field personnel from the Baltic
> region, Russia, and our region which includes Poland. It is a vast land
> area to reach with the love of Jesus Christ!
>
> We then prayer walked parts of Prague! It was quite powerful to see the
> city and to see the vast apathy to spiritual things. We then took the
> evening to sight see and enjoyed a great Czech meal.
>
> And that brings up to today! We have gotten very little sleep due to the
> constant party that is going on in Prague at all hours of the night! It's
> like trying to sleep in New York City with your windows opened!
>
> Prayer Requests:
>
> Pray for good sleep tonight as we have a hectic week ahead and are already
> starting out very tired!
>
> We leave tomorrow on the train for Olzsten. We will be on the train for 7
> hours leaving around 9:55am. We will be meeting with more people sharing
> Christ!
>
> We have 2 women whose luggage has not arrived so please pray for them as
> they are only dressed in church clothes...pray that it comes quickly!
>
> We have a busy week...so please pray that we stay focused on God and what
> He is doing in this amazing region of the World. May He alone be our sole
> desire!
>
> I am so grateful for you all! We are now in a place where we can send
> emails (except for tomorrow and Tuesday while in Olzten). So, I'll try to
> email again soon to give you an update and new prayer requests. I love you
> all and thank you so very much for you support on this journey!
>
> Thriving in Poland!
> Frances
>

0 comments: