CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, September 8, 2008

1 Samuel 3:1-6

Welcome to another week! What a wonderful day to begin with God's Word filling us to overflowing. Please begin today worshipping God for all the wonderful daily ways He speaks to us. Thank Him for His Word!

Read 1 Samuel 3:1-6.

What are a few things that touched your heart through this passage?

What verse(s) meant the most to you today?

Why?

What do you think God is saying in your life today?

How will your life change today because of this passage?

The Lord was talking to Samuel and he didn't even know it! Now, we all might be shaking our heads and laugh at the how dense Samuel seems to be. But, I know that I can relate to this situation in my own life!

I know there are so very many times when I know that the Lord is speaking to me...but I look to other people! For most of my life, God would use people around me like wonderful teachers, preachers, conference speakers, worship leaders, and friends to speak His Word to my heart. But, instead of running to God and sitting at His feet, I ran to MORE conferences, church services, worship experiences, and Bible Studies. I wanted to hear a person...instead of hearing from God myself.

Samuel thinks he is hearing from Eli, but actually He is hearing God's own voice. We hear His voice each time that we open up His Word. He speaks directly to our hearts and changes us daily if we meet Him there.

Have you ever wanted to put a person in God's place?

Have you wanted to hear what a person has to say instead of hearing from God's Word yourself?

Do you spend more time sharing with others what is going on in your life than with God?

Take time right now to talk to God about those things. It's not that Samuel was trying to run FROM God...he was just running TO the wrong person. We must spend every morning running TO God!

Thrive

0 comments: