CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Art- To Remember...

My girls were having a playdate with a friend at our house and it was a wonderful afternoon to work on a project to remember...

...these little ones who had NOTHING and yet were filled with uncontainable JOY.

Lord, help me to remember them when I am shopping for more stuff.

...these women who walked MILES to get dirty water that will make them and their families sick, and cary pounds of food on their heads in the African heat.

Lord, help me to remember this as I shop for food and as we eat and drink. May we be truly thankful and live more simply.

...this little one who had no clothes to wear.

Lord, may I remember this as I buy clothing for myself and my family. May we only have enough clothes for a week and not have more than we need.

These are from our second trip to Africa.

God has been moving our hearts to remember...

the forgotten.

To remember that how we are living is not reality for 99% of the world.

To day by day stop buying the lie that we HAVE to HAVE everything we want.

To remember what real NEED looks like everyday.

To remember that true life is only found in CHRIST...not in things or people.

To little by little start living like the rest of the world does...which, to them, isn't radical at all.

To remember that it's not about a taking up a CAUSE...it's about LOVE!!

To look at those children's smiles

those women walking MILES for dirty water that will make them sick

the little one without clothes to wear

and remember...

the forgotten.

Every day.

And forget NO MORE!

Thriving 365~

Frances

0 comments: