CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A word from my friend Charles...

Early each morning, I can be found wrapped up in a cozy robe and blanket with a cup of steaming hot Yerba Matte hot tea on my couch savoring precious Words from my Father. After time of study and of prayer, I take time to read a section of Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon. Each day I am encouraged by such an anchor of the faith and one who daily challenges my ways of thinking about life. It is good reading, my friend!

So, today after I read the section for today...I went back to the preface where he introduces the morning and evenings. I wanted to share some of what he says about meeting with God in the mornings...

"Morning devotions have always been dear to the enlightened, heaven-loving souls, and it has been their practice never to see the face of dawn until they have first seen the face of God...The first fresh hour of every morning should be dedicated to the Lord, whose mercy gladdens it with golden light. Morning devotions anchor the soul, so that it will not very readily drift far from God during the day. The morning is the gate of the day and should be well-guarded with prayer. It is one end of the thread on which the day's actions are strung and should be well-knit with devotion.

He who rushes from his bed into his business and does not wait to worship is as foolish as if he had not put on his clothes or washed his face. He is as unwise as one who dashes into battle without being armed. Let us bathe in the softly flowing river of communion with God before the heat of the wilderness and the burden of the way begin to oppress us." - C.H. Spurgeon

These are portions of the preface to Morning and Evening devotions by Spurgeon. I have been in them since January 1st and have truly enjoyed his company in my morning time. I pray that you are finding time to meet with God during that very first hour of your day...before all else distracts you. I pray that you will take time today to savor the Words of your loving Father and allow it to overflow into all the areas of your life. May it truly satisfy your souls...

0 comments: