CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Luke 4:38-39

"And he (Jesus) rose and left the synagogue and entered Simon's house. Now Simon's mother-in-law was ill with a high fever, and they appealed to him on her behalf. And he stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her, and immediately she rose and began to serve them."

Thank you Jesus for healing my life! Thank you for shedding your blood as payment for my sin. Thank you for rebuking the hold sin has on my life each day through your Word.

Please help me today to use my healed life to serve...and not to be served. Please help me to live each day as a servant the way that you did. May I not ever desire to live a life greater, easier, more comfortable, or less painful than yours. May I give up the desire and the expectation of being served on this earth...and embrace the joy of being a servant!

Thank you for the example of Simon's mother-in-law. Help me to follow in a life of service to You who has healed me and restored me and ransomed me! May I reject the flesh which desires to be pampered, right, respected, admired, and liked.

Help me not to be surprised (as Spurgeon says) when I embrace the role of a servant...that I am treated like one by the world! May I not strike back, be indignant, or frustrated. May I follow in your footsteps as a servant!

0 comments: