CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, April 27, 2009

We had a wonderful time this past weekend with the ladies from Calvary Baptist Church at their annual Ladies' Beach Retreat. We enjoyed lots of wonderful fun, sun, and amazing time together in God's Word!
My friend Paula and I headed to Alabama to meet the group at their church on Thursday afternoon. We had a wonderful time of talking and sharing about God's work in our lives! We had a BLAST and the time flew by so quickly!
After we met the rest of the ladies, we headed to a small town called Abbyville where we ate dinner at a cute little place called Huggin' Molley's. I got the worst salad in history...but the company and atmosphere made up for it in a big way! We spent lots of time in Isaiah 58 talking about "Embracing the Satisfied Life." It was great to share together about all God was doing in our lives and learning how to live a life truly connected to the heart of God. It was a blessing!
The beach...was AWESOME! The weather was amazing and we enjoyed lots of relaxing time on the beach. We even got to jet ski! I had a blast with Patty as we raced over the waves at record speed. We even managed a swap in the middle of the ocean so that I could try driving. I have some kind of crazy fear of deep ocean water (even though I used to be on the swim team). I just don't like knowing there are animals 5 times my size in water I can't see where they are!
I had a small sense of panic as we headed way out into the water where the jet skis may drive along with boats, but after a few minutes I was having the time of my life! We laughed and just had a great time jumping waves.

We ate some amazing food...both in the room and at the restaurant! Here we are about enjoy a wonderful seafood dinner together...there is a whole other table of women to the right with us...so those around us might have wished they were in another section! We had lots of fun and ate some wonderful fresh seafood...I had yummy she crab soup!!!

We all headed to the beach for some sunset photos together! Here Paula and I look like we are reporting live from a tornado! The wind was blowing like crazy...and though several photos were taken...this was the best! I am so grateful that Paula was able to come and thanks to her for driving me home after a long weekend of speaking!
Meredith is one of my close friends and she is the woman's retreat leader and also the wife of the youth minister...who happens to be my husband's best friend! We all went to college together and have enjoyed staying amazing friends. I have gotten to spend the last two weekend with her! She was also at the scrapbooking retreat too. I love getting the chance to hang out with her and the ladies of her church! Thanks to Meredith for allowing me to come and share with her ladies...I was truly blessed by each one of them.

post signature


0 comments: