CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, January 26, 2009

Luke 1:1-4

“Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.”

Isn’t this amazing! Luke was led by God to write an account of the truths handed down from EYEWITNESSES who walked and talked with Jesus. Those that were there when he healed the blind, touched the lepers, and walked on water. He investigated everything from the beginning and then wrote it down for Theophilius (and us!) so that…and this is awesome…we may KNOW the certainty of the things we have been taught!

I love that!! In my life there are so many uncertainties. I know so little about life, parenting, being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend, a Life Group leader, a minister’s wife, and follower of Christ. But, what wonderful news that God gives us a way to KNOW the CERTAINTY of the things I have been taught! He gives us His Word.

Today we are surrounded by unsteady economic times, job loss, financial breakdowns, divorce, adultery, rebellion, and depression. It is easy to look to those uncertain things and be filled with worry. But, this passage reminds me today that God led men to write these words so that I can KNOW the certainty of God. I can trust it…and live by it…it is certain. What an amazing blessing to have that kind of certainty in a life filled with seemingly uncertainties.

God is certainly in control! Each day I can take all my uncertainties to Him and KNOW that He is sovereign. What a gift His Word is to our lives! Enjoy…

0 comments: