CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Overflow...Prayer Continued!

Good morning friends! Well, I haven't been writing about the prayer series because God is still refining that time in my life. He convicted me to spend more time in prayer over my family, friends, and those around the world. So...I began listening and asking for Him to redeem the moments in my day to pray. Here is how it is looking so far...

I get up pretty early and it has been pushed back even more recently for daily planning (more on that topic soon...I tried to post it 4 times today and lost every one of them so I gave up!). So, after I spent time in the Word and journaling my thoughts on what I read and learned...I turned to prayer. But, since I am getting up earlier...I found that even WITH the head to toe prayers...I was falling into a netherworld of prayer and sleep:)

God is just so creative when I ask Him to give me ideas on how to pray and how to redeem my moments for His glory!! He answered right away:) I have been neglecting my time of exercise recently due to the crazy weather outside and the fact that we lowered our Lifetime membership to 2 times a month visits ($10 a month for the WHOLE family...YEAH!). So, I had let that part of my life just fall to the wayside and I could tell. Or...maybe it was the recent trip to Wal-mart for swimsuit shopping? Anyhoo...

Well, God being a VERY creative God pricked my heart to prayerwalk...literally! So, a week ago I began taking the time that I pray outside. I have done this before, but not in this kind of way. We live in an apartment complex that is in a large circle that is 1/2 mile for one lap around.

I assign each person in my family a lap...myself (to get all the yuck out of my own eye before I go praying over anyone else's life!), Jay, Anli, and Virginia. It takes me about 10 minutes to walk each lap so I focus my prayers on each of them head to toe...still using the Scriptures I had researched or whichever ones come to mind that day!

It's pretty brisk at that time of the morning, just around sunrise, so it certainly keeps me AWAKE during prayer time:) And as I was telling Jay this morning, it keeps me to my goal of at least 2 miles every day because I could NEVER jip someone in my family a lap of prayer! I mean REALLLY!! And I do switch around who gets the last lap...'cause it's not right for the same person to get the lap on the way home...or as my momma would say "as you head to the barn!"

I take my dog with me so that yet another redemption of the time is to make certain that my doggie gets his excercise each day. Y'all it is awesome! He has totally helped me to glorify Him in creative ways my combining the things He wants me to do, in a strategic way. That no matter what I do...it may glorify HIM! Pray with me that I will be comitted to this time of prayer!

Do you feel as if you don't have any time? Do you desire to add certain disciplines like prayer and Bible study and memorizing Scripture into your day...but feel defeated in looking at your full day? Ask God to creatively redeem your time! You will be surprised at how much time is wasted in a day...by you and me both:)

Seek Him FIRST and let Him dictate your schedule...BY GRACE! His mercies are new every morning! He is FAITHFUL to give you everything you need for life AND godliness...and that includes time. You may have to get up earlier...no one really likes to hear that...but it is SO worth it my friends!

And what about my friends, extended family, and others? I'll write on that tomorrow (Lord willing!)...

Let me know how God redeems your time! I can't wait to hear and get some ideas too:)

Thrive 365-
Frances

0 comments: