CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Friday, September 25, 2009

Appalachian Vision Trip...Recap

I wanted to take a moment to share about the wonderful time we had together on the Appalachian Vision trip with the Georgia Baptist Convention! This precious group of ladies were some of the most amazing women I had ever gotten to know! They love the Lord...and they LOVE their neighbors (no matter where they live, what they look like, or what they have done) as themselves!
We traveled many hours on the road each day. We traveled through West Virginia, Virginia, and Tennessee. The scenery was beautiful and we learned so much about the needs of this region. There is so much poverty and yet so many wonderful ministries truly reaching the needs of their communities.
I do not have all the photos from the week, as we mainly had one photographer in some of the areas where we visited. I know that shocks those who know me well...I'm always wanting to take my OWN photos. But, it was such a full week...I enjoyed just living it!
This was my roomie for the week...Stephanie! She was so cute and we loved talking each night until all hours about church life, being a minister's wife, and our passion for the lost. I miss you Stephanie!
The women on this trip were just awesome! We had a group of 11 women...and not for ONE moment was there ever a sense of disunity!!! I can honestly say I have NEVER been a trip with that many women...for that long...where there wasn't at least one crazy moment of hormones, lack of sleep, or fleshy stuff. Not ONCE I tell you! That is such a tribute to the way these women dive into the Word and allow the Spirit to lead them all. I LOVED it!

We also saw some amazing scenery. We spent so many hours in the van, that we had times where I could put on my ipod and enjoy looking out the windows and praising God! This was just a breath-taking view of this bridge that we actually got out and enjoyed seeing.

I will post more photos when I get them! I thank each of you who prayed over our trip and God truly answered those prayers. It was such an honor and a blessing to have met these women, those who are ministering in the cities we visited, and getting the opportunity to see God's work in Appalachia!







0 comments: