CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, March 16, 2009

Luke 2:44-45

"Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too."

Today, I am finally back into some sort of routine! I was able to get up at my normal (too crazy early to mention) time and be with my Father for a nice long chat over His Word. Well, I must say that Simeon could have been talking right to me this morning!

This morning Jesus, through His Word, revealed the thoughts of my heart and pierced my soul with His Sword. He revealed areas of laziness over the past 2 weeks while I have been wildly off schedule. His Word revealed thoughts of my heart that were purely selfish and seeking comfort over obedience. He pierced my soul with words from Psalm 39: 4-7...and I want to share those with you:

"Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;

the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath. Selah
Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro:

He bustles about, but only in vain;
he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.
"But now, Lord, what do I look for?

My hope is in you.

Lord knows I have been bustling about these past days but many times only in vain. I prayed with a pierced heart and revealed heart...Lord, let me know my life is fleeting! Help me to be a part of Your kind of worship! May my life not be a bunch of bustling about in vain!

Over the next few days I will also be sharing about the kind of worship and religion that God's Word tells us He finds worthy. I pray that today your heart's thoughts will be revealed through God's Word and that your soul will be pierced as mine was today. May God's Word continue to change us into the image of His Son...Jesus!

0 comments: