CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, August 30, 2010

Compassion!!!



I have been wanting to wait until everything was set and finished and for sure before I mentioned this on my blog. But, today my THREE boxes arrived from Compassion filled with all the resources and promotional things I will need...since I am now coming on board officially with Compassion International as one of their speaker advocates!!!

About 2-3 months ago, I was contacted by Shawna who is the Women's Speaker coordinator for Compassion International. She and I had the most amazing heart connection and we knew this was a perfect fit for our ministries. So...from there I began to learn, fill out paperwork, and most importantly pray! It has been a beautiful fit and one that God had already begun to place on my heart at the beginning of this year.

God was placing on my heart the desire to take ministry opportunities WITH me as I travel. I wanted to not only encourage women...but provide avenues for them to overflow into the lives of others. Since I had been with Compassion as a sponsor for over 6 years and sponsor 2 children with them, I am humbled and over the moon excited to take them WITH me!

I will offer Compassion packets alongside my Bible studies and we will work together to provide ways for ladies to not only seek satisfaction for their own souls...but provide that hope to another...to a child! I can't believe God's goodness in this and His amazing way of connecting people.

I didn't even know this kind of thing existed with Compassion (except for singers and artists!) and I know that only God could have made this amazing connection! That thrills my heart and gives such JOY!

So, here's just a little glimpse into my boxes today...I'm like a kid at Christmas...

My groovy shirt that I will wear at events as I share! I love the verse specifically...

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.
 Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Provers 31:8-9

LOVE IT!! I'll be wearing this all the time for sure...


Can't WAIT to read this book!


My "how too" manual on working as an advocate.


You can tell they work with women speakers...there's amazing DARK chocolate:-)

There was even more...and I can't wait to dig through and look/read it all!!

Please continue to pray for this partnership! PLEASE let me know if you would like more information on sponsoring a child with Compassion. I would love to help you get started, offer you a child packet, share at your upcoming event, and encourage you to make the most awesome investment $38 will ever make.

Let's work together to help children in Jesus' Name...

Thrive sweet friends,
Frances

1 comments:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Wishing you the best in this endeavour! I love that shirt!