CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A Personal Welcome from Frances

Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Summer!

It has been a busy summer and now that school is starting back soon, I am trying to get back in some kind of writing schedule. I have enjoyed taking time off and enjoying my family time with the girls and Jay along with lots of playdates with good friends. It's always great when summer comes, but I find that many times I struggle with keeping diligence when my schedule does not exist!

So, now that summer is closing and the thoughts turn to a new and exciting homeschool schedule, I will try to get back into the routine of posting a small devotion time as I still travel through the book of Luke...if you are counting...I have been in the book of Luke since January 3rd! The crazy thing is that I am only in chapter 12!!

It's just too good to rush through. What else have a I got to do, anyway? It's like a story you just don't want to rush to the end. So, I am savoring my time with Jesus. I spent 7 years in the Old Testament catching pictures, prophesies, glimpses, and symbols of Him...I just couldn't wait to finally walk with Him every single day as I am now! The Old Testament lights a fire of hope that only Jesus can fulfil!

So, I pray that you have been consistently thriving through your summer chaos! I have loved longer times alone with Him, reading some amazing books at night, and truly enjoying the crazy pace of summer. But, I do love fall and the turning of minds towards Thanksgiving and Advent (my favorite!). I look forward to walking with you in the Word this fall...

Thrive!
Frances

0 comments: